Home | Career Option | Ask Questions | Aptitude Test | Community | forum | blog | Psychological Test | NEWS

 

 

GATE Scholarships

GATE 2013 Scholarships

A valid GATE score is essential for obtaining a financial assistance during Masters programmes and direct Doctoral programmes in Engineering/Technology/Architecture, and Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Science in an Institution supported by the MHRD or other Government assistantships. As per the directives of the MHRD, the following procedure is to be adopted for admission to the postgraduate programmes (Master and Doctoral) with MHRD scholarship/assistantship. The performance of the candidate in GATE will be considered for admission. If the candidate is to be selected through interview for postgraduate programmes, minimum 70% weightage is to be given to the performance in GATE. The remaining weightage (30% maximum) may be given to the candidate’s academic record or performance in interview. The admitting institution could however prescribe minimum passing percentage of marks in the interview. Some colleges/institutes specify GATE qualification as the mandatory requirement even for admission without MHRD scholarship/assistantship.

 

 

To avail the financial assistance (scholarship), the candidate must first secure admission to a programme in these Institutes, by a procedure that could be different for each institute. Qualification in GATE is also a minimum requirement to apply for various fellowships awarded by many Government organizations. Candidates are advised to seek details of admission procedures and availability of MHRD scholarship/assistantship from the concerned admitting institution. The criteria for postgraduate admission with scholarship/assistantship are different for different admitting institutions. The management of the postgraduate scholarship/assistantship is also the responsibility of the admitting institution. Similarly, reservation of seats under different categories is as per the policies and norms prevailing at the admitting institution and Government of India rules. GATE offices will not entertain any enquiry about admission, reservation of seats or award of scholarship/assistantship.

 

 

Nevertheless, candidates with Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture may seek admission to relevant Doctoral programmes with scholarship/assistantship without appearing in the GATE examination.

 

 


Explore Entrancei
Copyright © EDUWEB SOLUTION AND SYSTEMS All Right Reserved,
Reproduction of articles, photo, viedos or any other content in whole in part in any form or medium without express written permission of entrancei.com prohibited, change to Reproduction of articles, photo, viedos or any other content in whole in part in any form or medium without express written permission of EDUWEB SOLUTION AND SYSTEMS prohibited.

WARNING:Copying information from This website without permission of EDUWEB SOLUTION AND SYSTEMS is Illegal.